Date: Tuesday, February 9, 2021
Tip-Off Time: 9:00 PM ET
Where: United Supermarkets Arena, Lubbock, Texas
Channel: ESPN; DirecTV 206, DISH 140
Announce Team: Kevin Connors and Chris Spatola
Online Streaming: WatchESPN, with a valid cable subscription
Cord Cutters: Mountaineer fans can catch all the action on fuboTV. fuboTV is an over-the-top streaming service that carries all the major networks, including CBS, NBC, FOX, and now....the ESPN Disney networks! It also carries ABC, CBS Sports Network, FS1, SEC Network, and more. fuboTV comes with a cloud DVR feature, so you can record the game and watch it later.
Sign up for a free seven day trial of fuboTV, and get 15% off the base family plan, by following THIS LINK.
Radio: Mountaineer Sports Network from IMG (Online Stream | Radio Affiliates) | Sirius 133, XM 199
Radio Announcers: Tony Caridi and Jay Jacobs
Reminder: It is against site policy to post links to illegal streams in the comments.
Spread: Texas Tech -6
Where are they from? Lubbock, Texas
- This will be the 22nd meeting between West Virginia and Texas Tech with WVU leading 15-6. The Mountaineers have won 12 of the last 17 meetings in the series.
- On Jan. 25 in Morgantown, a Miles McBride jumper with 5.9 seconds remaining gave West Virginia an 88-87 victory.
- West Virginia is 4-4 against Tech in Lubbock. The Red Raiders have won the last four meetings in Lubbock after the Mountaineers won the first four meetings at Tech.
- West Virginia is 12-5 against Tech in Big 12 regular season games
- The first meeting took place in the NCAA Sweet 16 on March 24, 2005, in Albuquerque, New Mexico. WVU defeated the Red Raiders, 65-60. WVU then narrowly lost in overtime to Louisville two days later for a spot in the Final Four.
Record: 14-5 (6-4 Big 12)
Record in 2019-20: 18-13 (9-9 Big 12)
Head Coach: Chris Beard (5th Season)
PROBABLE STARTING LINEUP:
West Virginia Mountaineers: Jalen Bridges, Derek Culver, Jordan McCabe, Taz Sherman, and Miles McBride
Texas Tech Red Raiders: Marcus Santos-Silva, Mac McClung, Micah Peavy, Kyler Edwards, and Kevin McCullar
STATS BREAKDOWN VIA JOEL BRACKEN (@WVSTATSGUY)
PREDICTION THAT WILL BE WRONG
While West Virginia has been noticeably worse on the road this season, it feels like this Mountaineer squad is hitting their groove at the right time. If Derek Culver and Taz Sherman can turn in similar performances to what they had on Saturday against the Kansas Jayhawks, the Mountaineers will walk out of Lubbock with the season series sweep and will be well on their way back into the Top 10.
Culver comes up just short of another double-double and McBride turns in another stellar performance, but it’ll be Sherman’s contributions down the stretch that seal the deal for the Mountaineers.
West Virginia 74, Texas Tech 72
PREGAME READING & UPDATES
Follow along with us on Twitter @smokingmusket for running commentary.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION!
Find a warm, comfortable spot, grab a favorite beverage or threeve, and join in on the running commentary, random observations, silly images, gifs, snark, wit, bitches, complaints, moans, groans, cheers, celebration and jubilation in the comments section below.
And, as always...