TCU Horned Frogs 52, Texas Tech Red Raiders 31
You can win big against bad opponents, that’s all good and well, but big leads are also an opportunity to stretch your team a bit. Instead of giving Duggan an opportunity to experiment, they limited him to 10 pass attempts. Instead of giving other guys a run, Some underperforming guys in the secondary still saw the bulk of the play.
#6 Oklahoma Sooner 55, #21 Texas Longhorns 48
In the highest scoring Red River Showdown ever, the No. 6 Oklahoma Sooners overcame their largest deficit in series history to stun the No. 21 Texas Longhorns (4-2, 2-1), 55-48. With the win, OU improves to 6-0 on the season and 3-0 in Big 12 play.
Now Texas is facing its second gut-check moment of the season with currently undefeated No. 12 Oklahoma State coming to Austin next weekend with star 2023 quarterback Arch Manning and other top recruits set to attend the game.
“Big-picture wise, this will test our mettle,” Sarkisian said. “We’ll find out what we’re made of. We’ve got a bounce back next week, we’ve got another great football team coming to DKR with an opportunity to get ourselves right before the bye, which I think we will — I love the heart and desire of our team mentality of our team, but this one hurts.”
Reminder - power rankings are fluid and based off of numerous factors, one of which is how much I’ve drank before I put these together. Don’t take them too seriously.
- Oklahoma - changes quarterback, changes the score against Texas. Sit down Longhorns.
- Baylor Bears - how good are they? Good enough to put their second teamers in a conference game they won by 25.
- TCU - Can’t stop the run. Doesn’t care. Demolishes TTU anyway.
- Texas - [insert State Farm fishing meme here]
9. Kansas - you didn’t lose this week! Only three more weeks until basketball.
10. West Virginia - le sigh.