Welcome to the Game Thread. Veterans of the Game Thread know how we do things around here but, for the uninitiated, we have a few rules. Our community guidelines apply and basically say be cool, no personal attacks, and don’t be a troll.
Date: Saturday, September 26, 2020
Time: 3:30PM ET
Location: Boone Pickens Stadium, Stillwater, Oklahoma
Announcers: Bob Wischusen (PBP), Dan Orlovsky (analyst) and Kris Budden (sideline)
Online Streaming: WatchESPN, with a valid cable subscription
Cord Cutters: Mountaineer fans can catch all the action on fuboTV. fuboTV is an over-the-top streaming service that carries all the major networks, including CBS, NBC, FOX, and now....the ESPN Disney networks! It also carries ABC, CBS Sports Network, FS1, SEC Network, and more. fuboTV comes with a cloud DVR feature, so you can record the game and watch it later.
Radio Announcers: Tony Caridi (PBP), Dwight Wallace (analyst) and Jed Drenning (sideline)
Betting Odds: Oklahoma State -6.5, Total 51.5
Reminder: It is against site policy to post links to illegal streams in the comments.
- The series between West Virginia and Oklahoma State started in 1928 with a 32-6 WVU win in Morgantown. The last meeting also took place in Morgantown; however, Oklahoma State won 20-13 in 2019. The Cowboys lead the series, 7-4, including five straight wins.
- West Virginia is 5-3 in Big 12 Conference openers, including 2-1 on the road/6-2 in conference road openers.
- Running back Leddie Brown is No. 1 nationally in rushing yards per carry (12.3) and running back Alec Sinkfield is No. 9 (8.2). They are tied for No. 8 in rushing yards per game (123.0)
- Brown is No. 2 nationally in scoring (18.0), No. 8 in total touchdowns (3), tied for No. 10 in points responsible for (18), No. 12 in total points scored (18), No. 14 in all-purpose yards (138.0) and tied for No. 27 in points responsible for (18)
- Quarterback Jarret Doege is No. 4 nationally in completion percentage (76.0), No. 7 in pass efficiency (192.2), tied for No. 10 in points responsible for per game (18), and No. 16 in yards per pass attempt (9.1)
- Linebacker VanDarius Cowan is tied for No. 1 nationally in forced fumbles (1), safety Alonzo Addae is tied for No. 3 in interceptions per game (1.0) and tied for No. 7 in passes defended (2.0).
PREGAME READING & UPDATES
JOIN THE CONVERSATION!
Find a warm, comfortable spot, grab a favorite beverage or threeve, and join in on the running commentary, random observations, silly images, gifs, snark, wit, bitches, complaints, moans, groans, cheers, celebration and jubilation in the comments section below.
And, as always...