Welcome to the Game Thread. Veterans of the Game Thread know how we do things around here but, for the uninitiated, we have a few rules. Our community guidelines apply and basically say be cool, no personal attacks, and don’t be a troll.
Date: Saturday, October 31, 2020
Time: Noon ET
Location: Mountaineer Field at Milan Puskar Stadium, Morgantown, West Virginia
Channel: ESPN2 | DirecTV 209 | Dish 143
Announcers: Roy Philpott (PBP), Kelly Stouffer (analyst) and Dr. Jerry Punch (sideline)
Online Streaming: WatchESPN, with a valid cable subscription
Cord Cutters: Mountaineer fans can catch all the action on fuboTV. fuboTV is an over-the-top streaming service that carries all the major networks, including CBS, NBC, FOX, and now....the ESPN Disney networks! It also carries ABC, CBS Sports Network, FS1, SEC Network, and more. fuboTV comes with a cloud DVR feature, so you can record the game and watch it later.
Radio Announcers: Tony Caridi (PBP), Dwight Wallace (analyst) and Jed Drenning (sideline)
Reminder: It is against site policy to post links to illegal streams in the comments.
- The series between West Virginia and Kansas State started in 1930 with a 23-7 WVU win in Morgantown. The last meeting took place in 2019 in Manhattan, Kansas, with WVU winning 24-20. The overall series is tied at 5-5, including a 3-3 mark in games played in Morgantown.
- West Virginia is the only Power 5 school in the nation to be ranked in the Top 10 in pass defense, total defense, sacks and tackles for loss
- West Virginia and Clemson are the only two Power 5 schools ranked in the Top 15 in six different defensive categories, including four in the Top 10
- Jarret Doege has completed at least one touchdown pass in 25 straight games, the longest active streak in the FBS
- Leddie Brown’s 87-yard touchdown run against Kansas is the seventh-longest touchdown run in school history. The score was WVU’s longest touchdown run since Noel Devine on Nov. 27, 2009, against Pitt (88 yards)
PREGAME READING & UPDATES
JOIN THE CONVERSATION!
Find a warm, comfortable spot, grab a favorite beverage or threeve, and join in on the running commentary, random observations, silly images, gifs, snark, wit, bitches, complaints, moans, groans, cheers, celebration and jubilation in the comments section below.
And, as always...