Welcome to the Game Thread. Veterans of the Game Thread know how we do things around here but, for the uninitiated, we have a few rules. Our community guidelines apply and basically say be cool, no personal attacks, and don’t be a troll.
Date: Saturday, September 7, 2019
Time: Noon ET
Location: Faurot Field at Memorial Stadium, Columbia, Missouri
Channel: ESPN2 | DirecTV: 209, Dish: 143
Announcers: Roy Philpott (play-by-play), Kelly Stouffer (analyst) Lauren Sisler (sideline)
Online Streaming: WatchESPN
Radio Announcers: Tony Caridi (PBP), Dwight Wallace (analyst), Jed Drenning (sideline)
Betting Odds: Missouri -12, 62.5 Total via VegasInsider.com
Reminder: It is against site policy to post links to illegal streams in the comments.
- The series between West Virginia Mountaineers and Missouri Tigers started in 1926 with a 27-0 Missouri win over WVU in Morgantown. The last meeting also took place in Morgantown, however - West Virginia won 26-11 in 2016. The six games played in the series are split at 3-3.
- Dating back to 1980, the Mountaineers hold a 201-21-1 record when scoring 30 or more points in a game. During the 1990s, the Mountaineers were 43-4 when scoring 30 or more points in a contest and were 40-2-1 in the ‘80s when reaching that mark. WVU is 120-17 since 2000 when scoring 30 points or more in a contest.
- In his WVU debut, quarterback Austin Kendall guided the Mountaineer offense. Kendall contributed 260 yards passing on 27 completions with two touchdowns.
- Against JMU, offensive lineman Kelby Wickline had 45 pass-blocking snaps without surrendering a pressure, according to Pro Football Focus, tied for third-most nationally among Power-5 offensive tackles
- After finishing with four sacks against the Dukes, the West Virginia defense is ranked No. 1 in the Big 12 and No. 13 nationally in sacks
- Darius Stills’ two tackles for loss rank No. 4 in the Big 12 and No. 22 nationally.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION!
Find a warm, comfortable spot, grab a favorite beverage or threeve, and join in on the running commentary, random observations, silly images, gifs, snark, wit, bitches, complaints, moans, groans, cheers, celebration and jubilation in the comments section below.
And, as always...