Welcome to the Game Thread. Veterans of the Game Thread know how we do things around here but, for the uninitiated, we have a few rules. Our community guidelines apply and basically say be cool, no personal attacks, and don’t be a troll.
Date: Saturday, August 31, 2019
Time: 2:00PM ET
Location: Mountaineer Field at Milan Puskar Stadium, Morgantown, West “By God” Virginia
Channel: AT&T SportsNet Pittsburgh | DirecTV: 659, Dish: 428
Announcers: Rob King (PBP), Rasheed Marshall (analyst), Meg Bulger (sideline)
Online Streaming: WVUsports.com and the Mountaineer TV app (Roku, Apple TV)
Radio Announcers: Tony Caridi (PBP), Dwight Wallace (analyst), Jed Drenning (sideline)
Betting Odds: West Virginia -7, 52.5 Total via VegasInsider.com
Reminder: It is against site policy to post links to illegal streams in the comments.
- This marks the third meeting between the West Virginia Mountaineers and James Madison Dukes. The Mountaineers hold a 2-0 series advantage, winning the first meeting, 52-10 in Morgantown in 2004. WVU won the second meeting in 2012, 42-12, at FedExField in Landover, Maryland.
- The 2019 roster currently consists of 124 players from 21 different states and three foreign countries (Australia, Canada, Sweden). Leading the way is West Virginia (36), followed by Ohio (15), Pennsylvania (13), Georgia (11), Florida (7), North Carolina (6), Virginia (5), Alabama (4), Maryland (4), Texas (4), California (2), Delaware (2), Louisiana (2), New Jersey (2), Tennessee (2), Illinois (1), Kentucky (1), Michigan (1), Missouri (1), New York (1) and Oklahoma (1).
- In season home openers, West Virginia is 98-20- 6, including winning 15 in a row and 9-0 this decade. WVU is 34-4-1 since 1980, including 18-1 since 2000.
- West Virginia returns eight players who have started at least one game, including offensive lineman Colton McKivitz, who leads the Mountaineers with 35 offensive starts.
- WVU returns 84 career starts on defense in 2019, which includes 24 from defensive linemen, 21 from the linebackers and 39 in the secondary
JOIN THE CONVERSATION!
Find a warm, comfortable spot, grab a favorite beverage or threeve, and join in on the running commentary, random observations, silly images, gifs, snark, wit, bitches, complaints, moans, groans, cheers, celebration and jubilation in the comments section below.
And, as always...