Welcome to the Game Thread. Veterans of the Game Thread know how we do things around here but, for the uninitiated, we have a few rules. Our community guidelines apply and basically say be cool, no personal attacks, and don’t be a troll.
Date: Saturday, December 14, 2019
Time: 2:00PM ET
Location: WVU Coliseum, Morgantown, West Virginia
Channel: AT&T SportsNet Pittsburgh
Announcers: Rob King, Warren Baker & Robby Incmikoski
Online Streaming: The stream will be available on WVUsports.com and the WVU Gameday App outside of the AT&T SportsNet Pittsburgh viewing area. Additionally, fans will be able to tune in live via Roku and Apple TV by searching for the “MountaineerTV” channel on each device.
Radio Announcers: Tony Caridi & Jay Jacobs
Betting Odds: West Virginia -19.5, 142.5 Total via VegasInsider.com
Reminder: It is against site policy to post links to illegal streams in the comments.
- West Virginia and Nicholls will be meeting for the first time on the basketball court. West Virginia is 3-1 against current members of the Southland Conference. Bob Huggins is 1-0 against Nicholls. That meeting took place when Huggins was the head coach at Cincinnati, an 82-48 Bearcat victory on Dec. 14, 1998.
- Nicholls is the 183rd different team to play a game vs. West Virginia in the WVU Coliseum (non-exhibition). West Virginia is 145-37 against teams making their first appearance in the Coliseum.
- WVU leads the Big 12 in FG% defense (36.2) , 3-point FG% defense (25.1) and offensive rebounds per game (14.6).
- Oscar Tshiebwe (9.3) and Derek Culver (8.9) rank first and third, respectively, in Big 12 Conference rebounding.
- Miles McBride leads the Big 12 Conference in assist/turnover ratio at 3.38 per game.
West Virginia Mountaineers: Emmitt Matthews Jr., Oscar Tshiebwe, Derek Culver, Jermaine Haley and Jordan McCabe
Nicholls Colonels: Warith Alatishe, Dexter McClanahan, Lorenzo McGhee, Andre Jones, and Kevin Johnson
PREGAME READING & UPDATES
Follow along with us on Twitter @smokingmusket for running commentary.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION!
Find a warm, comfortable spot, grab a favorite beverage or threeve, and join in on the running commentary, random observations, silly images, gifs, snark, wit, bitches, complaints, moans, groans, cheers, celebration and jubilation in the comments section below.
And, as always...