Welcome to the Game Thread. Veterans of the Game Thread know how we do things around here but, for the uninitiated, we have a few rules. Our community guidelines apply and basically say be cool, no personal attacks, and don’t be a troll.
Date: Saturday, November 9, 2019
Time: Noon ET
Location: Mountaineer Field at Milan Puskar Stadium, Morgantown, West Virginia
Announcers: Beth Mowins (play-by-play), Anthony Becht (analyst), and Rocky Boiman (field anaylst)
Online Streaming: WatchESPN with a valid cable subscription
Radio Announcers: Tony Caridi (PBP), Dwight Wallace (analyst), Jed Drenning (sideline)
Betting Odds: Texas Tech -2.5, 58.5 Total via VegasInsider.com
Reminder: It is against site policy to post links to illegal streams in the comments.
- The series between West Virginia Mountaineers and Texas Tech Red Raiders started in 1937 with a 7-6 WVU win in the Sun Bowl in El Paso, Texas. The last meeting took place in 2018 in Lubbock, Texas, with WVU winning 42-34. That meeting marked West Virginia’s fifth straight win in the series. The Mountaineers are 2-1 in games played in Morgantown, including the last two.
- Breaking down the West Virginia offensive numbers for the 2019 season shows that the Mountaineers have run a total of 529 plays, 239 on the ground and 290 through the air.
- The rushing game has totaled 631 yards, an average of 2.6 yards per carry, and seven touchdowns. The passing attack has totaled 1,787 yards, 13 touchdowns and an average of 9.8 yards per completion.
- Since 2015, West Virginia has produced 109 takeaways and is averaging 1.9 turnovers per game, ranking No. 1 in the Big 12 and tied for No. 4 nationally
- Darius Stills (3) and sophomore defensive lineman Dante Stills (2) each finished with at least two sacks against Baylor. They have each recorded two multi-sack performances this season. WVU’s four multi-sack performances this season are the most since 2011, when the Mountaineers recorded six (Bruce Irvin (3), Julian Miller (1), Najee Goode (1) and Terence Garvin (1).
JOIN THE CONVERSATION!
Find a warm, comfortable spot, grab a favorite beverage or threeve, and join in on the running commentary, random observations, silly images, gifs, snark, wit, bitches, complaints, moans, groans, cheers, celebration and jubilation in the comments section below.
And, as always...