Welcome to the Game Thread. Veterans of the Game Thread know how we do things around here but, for the uninitiated, we have a few rules. Our community guidelines apply and basically say be cool, no personal attacks, and don’t be a troll.
Date: Saturday, October 5, 2019
Time: 3:30PM ET
Location: Milan Puskar Stadium, Morgantown, West Virginia
Announcers: Steve Levy (play-by-play), Brian Griese (analyst) Todd McShay, Molly McGrath (sideline)
Online Streaming: WatchESPN with a valid cable subscription
Radio Announcers: Tony Caridi (PBP), Dwight Wallace (analyst), Jed Drenning (sideline)
Betting Odds: Texas -10.5, 61 Total via VegasInsider.com
Reminder: It is against site policy to post links to illegal streams in the comments.
- The series between the West Virginia Mountaineers and Texas Longhorns started in 1956 with a 7-6 WVU win in Austin. The last meeting also took place in Austin with West Virginia winning 42-41. The Mountaineers lead the series, 5-3.
- West Virginia is one of four teams in the nation that has not lost a fumble in 2019. WVU has four interceptions, ranking No. 15 nationally and No. 3 in the Big 12 in turnovers lost.
- Sam James is No. 3 in the Big 12 and No. 18 nationally in receptions per game (6.5). James also leads the Mountaineers with 263 receiving yards in 2019.
- Dante Stills is ranked No. 2 in the Big 12 and No. 10 nationally in sacks (4) and Darius Stills is tied for No. 4 in the Big 12 and No. 36 nationally with three.
- This season, the Mountaineer defense has generated 28 negative plays, including 21 tackles for loss and nine sacks.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION!
Find a warm, comfortable spot, grab a favorite beverage or threeve, and join in on the running commentary, random observations, silly images, gifs, snark, wit, bitches, complaints, moans, groans, cheers, celebration and jubilation in the comments section below.
And, as always...