Welcome to the Game Thread. Veterans of the Game Thread know how we do things around here but, for the uninitiated, we have a few rules. Our community guidelines apply and basically say be cool, no personal attacks, and don’t be a troll.
Date: Saturday, October 12, 2019
Time: 4:00PM ET
Location: Milan Puskar Stadium, Morgantown, West Virginia
Announcers: Mark Jones (play-by-play), Dusty Dvoracek (analyst) and Olivia Dekker (sideline)
Online Streaming: WatchESPN with a valid cable subscription
Radio Announcers: Tony Caridi (PBP), Dwight Wallace (analyst), Jed Drenning (sideline)
Betting Odds: Iowa State -10, 54 Total via VegasInsider.com
Reminder: It is against site policy to post links to illegal streams in the comments.
- The series between the West Virginia Mountaineers and Iowa St. Cyclones started in 2012 with a 31-24 WVU win in Ames. The last meeting also took place in Ames with the Cyclones winning 30-14. The Mountaineers lead the series, 5-2.
- Austin Kendall is No. 1 in the Big 12 and No. 5 nationally in completions per game (25.0) and No. 4 in the Big 12 and No. 32 nationally in completion percentage (.658)
- Sam James leads the team in receptions (32) and ranks No. 4 in the Big 12 and No. 18 nationally in receptions per game (6.4). James is No. 10 in the Big 12 in receiving yards (329) and No. 4 in kickoff return yards per game (18.5)
- Since 2015, West Virginia has produced 105 turnovers and is averaging 1.9 turnovers per game, which is No. 1 in the Big 12 and tied for No. 6 nationally
- In 2019, WVU is tied for No. 2 in the Big 12 in sacks per game (2.8) and and yards per TFL (4.6) and is No. 4 in TFL yards (138) and sack yards (88).
JOIN THE CONVERSATION!
Find a warm, comfortable spot, grab a favorite beverage or threeve, and join in on the running commentary, random observations, silly images, gifs, snark, wit, bitches, complaints, moans, groans, cheers, celebration and jubilation in the comments section below.
And, as always...