When, Where, and How To Watch
When: Thursday, March 8, 2018, 9:00PM ET
Where: Sprint Center, Kansas City, Missouri
How to Watch: ESPN2 or WatchESPN
- The Baylor Bears lead the all-time series, 8-6. The West Virginia Mountaineers won the last matchup, 71-60, on February 20, 2018 in Waco, Texas.
- West Virginia has reached the finals of the Big 12 Championship in 2016 (lost to the Kansas Jayhawks) and 2017 (lost to the Iowa State Cyclones).
- Jevon Carter was named the Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year for the second year in a row. He became the fourth Big 12 Player (first guard) to win Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year honors twice.
- Carter was named to the Big 12 All-Defensive Team for the fourth consecutive year, joining Purdue’s Chris Kramer (2007- 10) and Ohio State’s Aaron Craft (2011-14) as the only major conference players to do so.
- Carter was a unanimous selection to the All-Big 12 First Team, while Sagaba Konate was named to the All-Big 12 Third Team and Big 12 All-Defensive Team.
- West Virginia has recorded its 32nd 20-win season in school history. Bob Huggins has 29 20-win seasons (8 at WVU) in 36 seasons.
- Carter is a finalist for the Senior CLASS Award, the Bob Cousy Point Guard of the Year award and was named to the final 20 for the John Wooden Player of the Year award.
- Sagaba Konate has already posted 101 blocks this season. He had 53 his entire freshman season a year ago. Konate has had at least five blocks in nine games this season, one of three players nationally to complete that feat.
- In the latest NCAA stats, WVU ranks second in turnover margin (5.5), is ninth in forced turnovers (16.7), is 14th in steals per game (8.1) and is fourth in offensive rebounds per game (14.2). West Virginia is forcing its opponents to turn it over on 23.1 percent of their possessions, second in the country
- VegasInsider.com has West Virginia as a 4.5 point favorite, with the over set at 142 total points.
Join The Conversation!
Find a warm, comfortable spot, grab a favorite beverage or threeve, and join in on the running commentary, random observations, silly images, gifs, snark, wit, bitches, complaints, moans, groans, cheers, celebration and jubilation in the comments section below.
And, as always...