When, Where, and How To Watch
When: Monday, February 26, 2018, 9:00PM ET
Where: WVU Coliseum, Morgantown, West “By God” Virginia
How to Watch: ESPN2 or WatchESPN
- West Virginia leads the all-time series with a 10-3 record. The Red Raiders won the most recent game of the series, 72-71 over the Mountaineers in Lubbock on January 13, 2018.
- It’s Senior Night for guards Jevon Carter and Daxter Miles Jr., as well as student managers Payton Sturm, Matt Culicerto, Joe Long and Mike Richards. Student athletic trainer Logan Rumbaugh will also be honored.
- Jevon Carter became the first player in school history to have more than 1,500 points, 500 rebounds and 500 assists. He is WVU’s all-time steals leader with 301. Carter became just the fifth player, first in Power 5 conference, in NCAA history to have more than 1,500 points, 500 rebounds, 500 assists and 300 steals in a career.
- West Virginia has recorded its 32nd 20-win season in school history. Bob Huggins has 29 20-win seasons (8 at WVU) in 36 seasons.
- Carter is a finalist for the Senior CLASS Award, the Bob Cousy Point Guard of the Year award and was named to the final 20 for the John Wooden Player of the Year award.
- Sagaba Konate has already posted 97 blocks this season. He had 53 his entire freshman season a year ago. Konate has had at least five blocks in nine games this season, one of three players nationally to complete that feat.
- VegasInsider.com has West Virginia as a 5.5 point favorite, with the over set at 142.5 total points.
Join The Conversation!
Find a warm, comfortable spot, grab a favorite beverage or threeve, and join in on the running commentary, random observations, silly images, gifs, snark, wit, bitches, complaints, moans, groans, cheers, celebration and jubilation in the comments section below.
And, as always...