Welcome to National Signing day!
We’ll be kicking things off bright and early, as the top high school and junior college athletes make their commitments official. The faxes are being dusted off, Twitter is fired up and probably already rocking with rumors and breaking news.
Neal Brown’s coaching staff will be putting the finishing touches on a solid class that was started by Dana Holgorsen just days before he left for Houston.
While this National Signing Day is expected to be a tame one for the Mountaineers, barring a huge surprise commitment from the highest rated prospect to ever come from West Virginia, that doesn’t mean there won’t be plenty going on. Think of this article as homebase for all things #TakeMeHome19 and check back frequently for updates, news, and fresh links. In addition to the live coverage, please consider this your OPEN THREAD to talk about everything National Signing Day in the comments!
We’ve broken this National Signing Day Command Center into 3 sections below:
- National Signing Day News: This is where we’ll continuously put any big news, rumors, or important tidbits. Just like the Big Board, this will be updated all day and will include links to new articles about National Signing Day topics.
- Big Board: This section shows which verbal commits have already signed, who we’re still waiting on, and notes about anyone of interest that may have signed with someone other than the Mountaineers. We’ll be keeping it up to date all day and you’ll be able to find links to our commitment capsules for each signee.
- Live Map: We’ve set up an interactive map with each West Virginia target, and will be keeping it updated as the signings roll in. You can click on each recruits name, or marker on the map, for quick info.
If work is keeping you from staying glued to The Smoking Musket today, be sure to follow us on Twitter or our Facebook page. When a story goes on the site it’ll be tweeted out and we’ll get it on Facebook too. If you’re tight on time, I’d suggest following along on Facebook for the most straight forward information. If you’re joining us on Twitter, and already follow us, I’m sure you know we have a tendency to go a little off the rails
National Signing Day Timeline
News is in reverse chronological order. All times listed below are Eastern Time, as God intended.
- 2:50 PM: West Virginia’s day is wrapped up, barring Darnell Wright shocking the world and flipping his commitment from Tennessee and signing with the Mountaineers. Wright announces his decision on ESPN2 at 4:00PM.
- 9:45 AM: The second NLI of the day comes from Rashean Lynn. Lynn committed to West Virginia last Friday, and made it official today.
- 9:05 AM EST: West Virginia’s first signee of the day is Navarre, Florida defensive tackle Jordan Jefferson.
The Big Board
Signed National Letter of Intent - Already on Campus
- VanDarius Cowan, Linebacker
- Isaiah Esdale, Wide Receiver
- Kerry Martin, Cornerback
- Dreshun Miller, Cornerback
- Taijh Alston, Defensive Line
- Austin Kendall, Quarterback
Signed National Letter of Intent
- Jalen Thornton, Defensive Line
- Donavan Beaver, Offensive Line
- Kolton McGhee, Kicker/Punter
- Osita Smith, Safety
- Tykee Smith, Safety
- Jared Bartlett, Linebacker
- Tony Mathis, Running Back
- Terence Doston, Wide Receiver
- Ali Jennings, Wide Receiver
- Parker Moorer, Offensive Line
- Winston Wright, Wide Receiver
- Nicktroy Fortune, Cornerback
- Brandon Yates, Offensive Line
- Jordan Jefferson, Defensive Line
- Rashean Lynn, Safety
- Tavian Mayo, Cornerback
- Darnell Wright, Offensive Line