RULES FOR RANKINGS
1. Rankings don't start until week 6 every body starts dead last.
2. Win vs FCS team= 1 point
3. Win vs Group of 5 team= 2 points
4. Win vs Power 5 team = 3 points
5. Loss vs anybody = minus 1 point
6. At the end of the season any win over .500 or better team = .5 points
7. At the end of the season any win over a team in the final rankings = .5 points
8. Conference Champions= .5 points
9. Independents= Notre Dame is worth 3 points and everyone else is worth 2 points
10. Beating a ranked team doesn't matter until the final ranking
Well 3 strokes 1 heart attack 6 fits of rage and a whole lot of emotional up and downs WVU walks out of Austin with a huge win. That game was amazing. The emotional roller coaster ride was better than any amusement park ride. Which brings me to my next concern, the depth on defense. Linebackers and corners are getting thin and that may be hurting the team. I haven't seen an injury update but the return of just a few players would help the rotation a lot, so lets hope everyone is returning soon.
This week there are 26 teams and it shows how hard it is for the group of 5 to be in the conversation. UCF is at number 10 and still 6 points from the number 4 spot. At this time of year it would take a total meltdown 6 teams for them to make it. On the other hand Alabama was brave enough to schedule FCS powerhouse The Citadel Bulldogs (3-5 record) in week 12 to let the rest of the field catch up to them. Which means mathematically they could be knocked out of the top four with a loss. I'm not trying to pick on Alabama, I just wish we could end these snooze games this late in the season. Georgia is no better with Independent powerhouse UMASS (4-6 record). UCF has Navy (2-7 record) which doesn't help they're cause any, but that is still a conference game. Notre Dame doesn't have a conference but are still playing power 5 teams. That's it everyone else in the top 10 is grinding out conference play.
|2. Notre Dame||9-0||0||2||7||25|
|4. Ohio State||8-1||0||1||7||22|
|8. Washington State||8-1||1||2||5||19|
|9. West Virginia||7-1||1||0||6||18|
|16. Fresno State||8-1||1||6||1||15|
|17. Boston College||7-2||1||2||4||15|
|20. Utah State||8-1||1||7||0||14|
|24. Penn State||6-3||0||2||4||13|
|26. Michigan State||6-3||0||2||4||13|