When, Where, and How To Watch
When: Saturday, November 3, 2018, 3:30PM ET
Where: Darrell K. Royal Memorial Stadium, Austin, Texas
How to Watch: FOX and Fox Sports GO
- This is the eighth meeting between the West Virginia Mountaineers and the Texas Longhorns. West Virginia holds a 4-3 series record, with the last meeting ending with the No. 25 Mountaineers losing to the unranked Longhorns in Morgantown, 28-14, in a game that saw Will Grier’s finger get destroyed.
- West Virginia is just one of four Power Five conference teams to rank in the top 25 nationally in scoring offense (No. 16 - 39.9) and scoring defense (No. 23 -19.6)
- West Virginia is No. 3 nationally in team passing efficiency, No. 6 in completion percentage, No. 9 in passing offense, No. 15 in total offense, No. 16 in scoring offense and No. 26 in third-down conversions
- WVU is No. 1 in the Big 12 in scoring defense, No. 2 in opponent first-down defense and rushing defense, No. 3 in total and pass defense and opponent third-down defense
- Led by redshirt senior quarterback Will Grier, the Mountaineers sit No. 2 in the Big 12 and No. 6 nationally in completion percentage (.700). Grier also ranks No. 5 nationally in points responsible for per game (22.3) and No. 6 in passing yards per game (324.6) and passing touchdowns (25)
- Will Grier and David Sills V have connected on 27 touchdowns since the start of the 2017 season - that’s nine more than any other QBWR duo in FBS
- Sophomore Tevin Bush’s 79-yard rush vs. Baylor was the Mountaineers’ longest running play of the season; it was the 10th-longest run and tied for the longest non-scoring run in WVU history
- VegasInsider.com currently lists Texas as a 2 point favorite over the Mountaineers, with the over/under set at 58 total points.
Join The Conversation!
Find a warm, comfortable spot, grab a favorite beverage or threeve, and join in on the running commentary, random observations, silly images, gifs, snark, wit, bitches, complaints, moans, groans, cheers, celebration and jubilation in the comments section below.
And, as always...