When, Where, and How To Watch
When: Saturday, November 3, 2018, Noon ET
Where: WVU Coliseum, Morgantown, West Virginia
How to Watch: AT&T SportsNet Pittsburgh or WVUSports.com
- West Virginia leads the all-time series with a 66-53 record. The last matchup between these two programs came on January 31, 1991 - when both schools were still in the Atlantic 10 Conference - and saw the Nittany Lions defeat the Mountaineers, 66-63, in Morgantown. Today’s game will not count against the all-time series record.
- Proceeds from today’s game will benefit the American Red Cross’ hurricane relief efforts. The NCAA approved that an institution may use one of its possible two exhibition games against a Division I institution for the purposes of raising funds for a catastrophic event.
- Bob Huggins has never faced Penn State as a head coach. Huggins was 4-2 as a player at West Virginia against Penn State.
- WVU is one of nine schools to win 25 or more games four straight years. WVU is 105-39 since the 2014-15 season. The last time West Virginia won 25 or more games in four consecutive years was from 1957-60.
- The Mountaineers own a 1,756-1,079 all-time record in intercollegiate basketball competition, ranking the Mountaineers 22nd in wins among all Division I schools.
- WVU has earned 29 NCAA berths and 16 NIT trips since 1941, and has finished in the Top 25 21 times, including an amazing nine straight years from 1955-63.
- On Nov. 6, 2017, Director of Athletics Shane Lyons announced a four-year contract extension to 2021-22 for Bob Huggins. It will extend his relationship with the University until 2027. Under the agreement, following the 2021-22 season, Huggins will assume a five-year Emeritus status within the WVU Department of Intercollegiate Athletics, which concludes June 30, 2027.
Join The Conversation!
Find a warm, comfortable spot, grab a favorite beverage or threeve, and join in on the running commentary, random observations, silly images, gifs, snark, wit, bitches, complaints, moans, groans, cheers, celebration and jubilation in the comments section below.
And, as always...