When, Where, and How To Watch
When: Thursday, November 15, 2018, 7:00PM ET
Where: HTC Center, Conway, South Carolina
How to Watch: ESPNU or WatchESPN
- This will be the fourth meeting between West Virginia and Western Kentucky on the basketball court. The last meeting was on March 13, 1987, in the first round of the NCAA Tournament in Syracuse, N.Y. Western Kentucky came away with a 64-62 win
- Under Bob Huggins in tournament play, WVU won the 2017 AdvoCare Invitational, the 2015 Las Vegas Invitational, the 2014 Puerto Rico Tip-Off and the 2009 76 Classic. WVU’s AdvoCare Invitational title gave the Mountaineers three in-season tournament titles in the last four years.
- Sagaba Konate posted 116 blocks last season, second most in a season in school history. He had 53 his entire freshman season. He needs 15 blocks to break the WVU school record set by D’or Fischer.
- The Mountaineers own a 1,757-1,080 all-time record in intercollegiate basketball competition, ranking the Mountaineers 22nd in wins among all Division I schools.
- VegasInsider.com currently lists West Virginia as a 7.5 point favorite over the Hawks, with the over/under set at 148.5 total points.
Join The Conversation!
Find a warm, comfortable spot, grab a favorite beverage or threeve, and join in on the running commentary, random observations, silly images, gifs, snark, wit, bitches, complaints, moans, groans, cheers, celebration and jubilation in the comments section below.
And, as always...