When, Where, and How To Watch
When: Saturday, November 10, 2018, Noon ET
Where: Milan Puskar Stadium, Morgantown, West Virginia
How to Watch: FS1 and Fox Sports GO
- This is the eighth meeting between the West Virginia Mountaineers and the TCU Horned Frogs. TCU holds a 4-3 series record, with the last meeting ending with the No. 23 Mountaineers losing to the No. 8 Horned Frogs in Ft. Worth, Texas, 31-24.
- West Virginia is just one of six Power Five conference teams to rank in the top 35 nationally in scoring offense (No. 14 - 40.1) and scoring defense (No. 35 - 22.3).
- West Virginia ranks No. 4 in the Big 12 and No. 12 nationally in total offense, averaging 491.5 yards per game; it has done it despite running the fifth-fewest offensive plays (534) in the nation. WVU is averaging 7.36 yards per play this season, which ranks No. 6 nationally.
- Martell Pettaway found the end zone twice at Texas, the first Mountaineer with multiple rushing TDs since Kennedy McKoy on Nov. 25, 2017, at Oklahoma.
- With help from WVU’s offensive line, the Mountaineers rank No. 4 in the Big 12 in tackles for loss allowed per game (5.1).
- With David Long Jr.’s sack at Texas, he passed David Upchurch (1998-02) for No. 5 in program history for career tackles for loss (35). With his 51 unassisted stops this season, Long Jr. ranks No. 2 in the Big 12 and No. 8 nationally in solo tackles.
- VegasInsider.com currently lists West Virginia as a 11.5 point favorite over the Horned Frogs, with the over/under set at 55.5 total points.
Join The Conversation!
Find a warm, comfortable spot, grab a favorite beverage or threeve, and join in on the running commentary, random observations, silly images, gifs, snark, wit, bitches, complaints, moans, groans, cheers, celebration and jubilation in the comments section below.
And, as always...