We have our first major shake up in the power rankings.
- Texas Longhorns (5-1, 3-0)—Like some terrible dark evil, it has reformed. Texas is [sigh] decidedly back and conference title runs through Austin. Beware the Burnt Orange Terror.
- West Virginia University Mountaineers (5-0, 3-0)—Whatever rune warding Dana placed on the stadium in the off-season worked as Chaos was held in check.
- Oklahoma Sooners (5-1, 2-1)— Definitely in need of a new Defense of the Dark Arts Coordinator. I am told they have looked into the Wizard Ruffin.
- Texas Tech Red Raiders (3-2, 1-1)—Back at base this week, presumably working on new devilry.
- TCU Horned Frogs (3-2, 1-1)—Likewise, the Frogs spent time working on reanimating their powers of old.
- Iowa State Cyclones (2-3, 1-2) — What darkness yet lurks in the heart of Ames?
- Oklahoma State Cowboys (4-2, 1-2)—Mullet magic may be wearing off.
- Baylor Bears (4-2, 2-1)—Should just actually be banned. Not because they practice necromancy or anything.
- Kansas State Wildcats (2-4, 0-3)—That in an entire power ranking rife with wizard references, Kansas State is just now being mentioned speaks volumes for where this program is at the moment.
- Kansas Jayhawks (2-4, 0-4)— Conjurers of cheap tricks, imo.
This weekend shuffled things a bit, also I noticed I had our bowl tie-ins wrong so we’ve fixed that.
- Sugar Bowl: West Virginia vs Georgia
- Fiesta Bowl: Texas vs UCF
- Valero Alamo Bowl (Big XII vs Pac 12): Oklahoma vs Washington State
- Camping World Bowl (Big XII vs ACC): TCU vs Miami
- Academy Sports + Outdoors Texas Bowl (Big XII vs SEC): Texas Tech vs Texas A&M
- Autozone Liberty Bowl (Big XII vs SEC): Oklahoma State vs Kentucky
- Cactus Bowl (Big XII vs Pac 12): Iowa State vs California
- Lockheed Martin Armed Forces (Big XII vs AAC): Baylor vs Houston