When, Where, and How To Watch
When: Thursday, October 25, 2018, 7:00PM ET
Where: Milan Puskar Stadium, Morgantown, West “By God” Virginia
How to Watch: FS1 and Fox Sports GO
- This is the seventh meeting between the West Virginia Mountaineers and the Baylor Bears. West Virginia holds a 4-2 series record, with the last meeting ending with the No. 22 Mountaineers holding on for a 38-36 win over the Bears.
- West Virginia is just one of six Power Five ‘ conference teams to rank in the top 30 in scoring offense and scoring defense. The Mountaineers are 26th nationally with 36.8 points per game and are 28th nationally with 20.5 points allowed per game
- West Virginia is No. 3 nationally in team passing efficiency, No. 4 in completion percentage, No. 7 in third-down conversions, No. 10 in passing offense, No. 24 in total offense and No. 26 in scoring offense
- WVU is No. 1 in the Big 12 in scoring defense, No. 2 in opponent first-down defense, No. 3 in total and pass defense and opponent thirddown defense and No. 4 in rushing defense
- Led by Grier, the Mountaineers sit No. 2 in the Big 12 and No. 4 nationally in completion percentage (.704). Grier also ranks No. 6 nationally in passing yards per game (319.8), No. 7 in passing touchdowns (22) and No. 8 in points responsible for (132).
- Dating back to 1980, the Mountaineers hold a 198-19-1 record when scoring 30 or more points in a game. During the 1990s, the Mountaineers were 42-4 when scoring 30 or more points in a contest and were 40-2-1 in the ‘80s when reaching that mark. WVU is 117-15 since 2000 when scoring 30 points or more in a contest.
- VegasInsider.com currently lists West Virginia as a 13.5 point favorite over Baylor, with the over/under set at 67.5 total points.
Join The Conversation!
Find a warm, comfortable spot, grab a favorite beverage or threeve, and join in on the running commentary, random observations, silly images, gifs, snark, wit, bitches, complaints, moans, groans, cheers, celebration and jubilation in the comments section below.
And, as always...