As we head to October, Smoking Musket salutes the best drinks of fall via power rankings.
- Salted Caramel Sooners (5-0, 2-0)— A true champion of a drink remains viable well into winter, just like the Sooners.
- Caramel Apple Cider Mountaineers (4-0, 2-0)—Pumpkin Spice is everywhere, heck you can even get it in K-cup boxes at Sam’s, but Caramel Apple Cider is also a very good drink that will remain undefeated well into November, possibly longer.
- Pumpkin Spice Longhorns (4-1, 2-0)—Just like the PSL, it’s seemingly BACK every damn year, but no where to be found after October.
- Bloody Mary Red Raiders (3-2, 1-1)—Great for noon games!
- Maple Pecan Cowboys (4-1, 1-1)—Always a strong choice, especially in latte form, but seemingly a little bit behind the rest of the pack. I think it’s the Pecan flavoring.
- Hot-Buttered Horned Frogs (3-2, 1-1)—This was a hard choice because Hot-Buttered Cowboys was also a pretty good gimmick. More practically like Hot-buttered Rum, the Frogs looked better on paper this season.
- Apple Pie Moonshine Cyclones (1-3, 0-2) — Sounds like a good idea in theory, but get a bad batch and you’ll go blind.
- Pumpkin Spice Chai Bears (3-2, 1-1)—Should just actually be banned.
- Mulled Cider Wildcats (2-3, 0-2)—I actually love mulled cider, but man if you leave the seasoning stuff in too long your whole mouth goes numb and then you just really wonder what you were thinking and... OK, I got nothing.
- Gingerbread Jayhawks (2-3, 0-2)— Ready for basketball.
Something of a shot in the dark here.
- Sugar Bowl: Oklahoma vs Georgia
- Peach Bowl: West Virginia vs LSU
- Valero Alamo Bowl: Texas vs Stanford
- Camping World Bowl: Texas Tech vs Miami
- Texas Bowl: Oklahoma State vs Texas A&M
- Cactus Bowl: TCU vs California