When, Where, and How To Watch
When: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 7:00PM ET
Where: Jack Trice Stadium, Ames, Iowa
How to Watch: FS1 and Fox Sports GO
- This is the seventh meeting between the West Virginia Mountaineers and the Iowa St. Cyclones. West Virginia holds a 5-1 series record, with the last meeting ending in a 20-16 Mountaineer win over the Cyclones.
- West Virginia is converting 57 percent (33/58) of its third-down attempts, ranking No. 1 in the Big 12 and No. 4 nationally. The top four teams in that category (NC State, UCF, Alabama, WVU) are currently unbeaten
- West Virginia is just one of five Power Five conference teams to rank in the top 25 in scoring offense and scoring defense. The Mountaineers are 22nd nationally with 41.4 points per game and are 25th nationally with 18.6 points allowed per game
- Led by Will Grier, the Mountaineers sit No. 2 in the Big 12 and No. 11 nationally in completion percentage (.702). Grier also ranks No. 2 nationally in passing yards per game (363.8), No. 3 in passing touchdowns (21) and No. 5 in points responsible for (126).
- Freshman running back Leddie Brown tallied 107 rushing yards vs. Kansas, his second 100 yard performance of the season. Brown is the first true freshman to record multiple 100-yard rushing games since Noel Devine in 2007.
- West Virginia ranks No. 1 in the Big 12 and No. 4 nationally in tackles for loss as a team (48).
- Over the last two years, West Virginia has only allowed one 300-yard passer, including none in 2018. The Mountaineers are ranked No. 47 nationally and No. 2 in the Big 12 in passing yards allowed per game (211.4)
- West Virginia is No. 2 in the Big 12 ranked No. 26 nationally in rushing defense. WVU is ranked No. 1 in the Big 12 and No. 25 in the nation in scoring defense. In Big 12 play, WVU is No. 1 in rushing defense (113.0), scoring defense (20.7) and passing efficiency defense (116.7).
- VegasInsider.com currently lists West Virginia as a 6.5 point favorite over Iowa State, with the over/under set at 56.5 total points.
Join The Conversation!
Find a warm, comfortable spot, grab a favorite beverage or threeve, and join in on the running commentary, random observations, silly images, gifs, snark, wit, bitches, complaints, moans, groans, cheers, celebration and jubilation in the comments section below.
And, as always...