When, Where, and How To Watch
When: Monday, January 1, 2018, 5:00 p.m. ET
Where: Bramlage Coliseum, Manhattan, Kansas
How to Watch: ESPNU or WatchESPN
- West Virginia leads the all-time series with a 8-5 record. The Mountaineers last beat the Wildcats on March 10, 2017, 51-50, in the 2017 Big 12 Tournament.
- This is the fifth year in a row West Virginia has opened league play with two straight road games. The Mountaineers went 1-1 on last year’s trip with a win at Oklahoma State and on overtime loss at Texas Tech. WVU started 2-0 the previous three years.
- West Virginia’s 12-game winning streak is its longest since the 2005-06 team won 12 games in a row.
- In the latest NCAA stats, West Virginia ranks second in turnover margin (9.3), third in forced turnovers (20.9), sixth in steals per game (10.5) and third in offensive rebounds per game (15.5).
- VegasInsider.com has West Virginia as the favorite at -3, with the over set at 153 total points.
Join The Conversation!
Find a warm, comfortable spot, grab a favorite beverage or threeve, and join in on the running commentary, random observations, silly images, gifs, snark, wit, bitches, complaints, moans, groans, cheers, celebration and jubilation in the comments section below.
And, as always...