When, Where, and How To Watch
When: Saturday, December 9, 2017, 8:00 p.m. ET
Where: Petersen Events Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
How to Watch: ESPN2 or WatchESPN
- West Virginia leads the all-time series with a 96-88 record. The Mountaineers last played the Panthers in 2012, and beat them 66-48.
- This will be WVU’s first non-conference game with Pitt since the 1994-95 season. This has been the longest break in the series since not meeting from 1908-14. The two teams had met at least once every year from 1917-18 until 2011-12.
- Jevon Carter leads the country in steals with 38, and he is the most experienced player in college basketball this season with 116 games played.
- Bob Huggins is in eighth place all-time on the NCAA Division I winningest coaches list. His record now stands at 827-331, in his 36th season as a head coach. Huggins trails Jim Phelan by three wins for seventh place all-time
- Kevin Stallings is 21-21 in his second season at Pitt. In 24 years as a head coach, his record stands at 476-304.
- VegasInsider.com has West Virginia as the favorite at -13.5, with the over set at 152.5 total points.
Join The Conversation!
Find a warm, comfortable spot, grab a favorite beverage or threeve, and join in on the running commentary, random observations, silly images, gifs, snark, wit, bitches, complaints, moans, groans, cheers, celebration and jubilation in the comments section below.
And, as always...