2016 Big XII Tournament Bracket
Game Day Vitals
- #9 West Virginia Mountaineers (25-7, Big 12 13-5, NCAA RPI 10) vs. (25-6, Big 12 12-6, NCAA RPI 5)
- Location: Sprint Center (Capacity: 18,972) Kansas City, Missouri
- Series Record: OU leads series 8-3
- Last meeting: WVU 62 - OU 76, WVU Coliseum, February 20, 2016
- Vegas Lines: (+1) for the good guys, O/U: 147.0
- Date: Friday, March 11, 2016, approximately 9:30 pm ET
- Television: ESPN2
- Online Streaming: WatchESPN
- Radio Affiliates
- (25-6, Big 12 12-6, NCAA RPI 5)
- Head Coach: Lon Kruger, 5th year at OU (106–55), career 30th year 585–359 (.620)
- Last Result - Edged out Iowa State, W 79-76
- Official Sooners Athletics website
- SB Nation Oklahoma blog - Crimson and Cream Machine
Congrats, Mountaineer fans! You just won your first Big 12 Tournament Game! How do you feel?
Beating a 12-20 team with RPI 169 isn't exactly a huge accomplishment, but we can finally put that dumb stat behind us and move to the bigger and better things....like Oklahoma.
The public perception of OU is that they "haven't played well recently" all while going 3-0 thus far in the month of March. While it helps when you have the Big 12 POY dropping 21,23, and 39 points and that arbitrary date conveniently cuts off a double-digit loss to Texas, it still holds true that the Sooners are winning games while not playing their best basketball. Iowa State probably should have advanced last night, but turnovers (and Buddy Hield) did them in. West Virginia held Hield to 17 in Norman in that two-point defeat, but gave up 29 to him in a blowout. So, can WVU hold the best, hottest player in the country to under 20?
WVU 90 OU 87 (OT)