clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

West Virginia Freshman Kennedy McKoy Is Everything That Was Advertised

New, 7 comments

For those who were yet unconvinced, Kennedy McKoy erased all doubt as he rushed for 99 yards on four carries before suffering a shoulder injury that kept him from reaching the 100-yard mark.

Welcome, By-Godders, to The Shotgun/Throwdown: WVU's best place for sports links, information, sophomoric humor and daily distractions.

News Of Note

Football:

No doubt about it: Kennedy is the real McKoy | The Exponent Telegram
For those who were yet unconvinced, Kennedy McKoy erased all doubt as he rushed for 99 yards on four carries before suffering a shoulder injury that kept him from reaching the 100-yard mark.

Third downs no problem for WVU offense | Charleston Gazette-Mail
West Virginia’s defense flipped this upside down at Texas Tech last week, but that success served to support the point: College football is about offense. It’s a game with an overflow of statistics, but one of them matters more than all the others.

No nerves for TCU football when it hits the road | Charleston Gazette-Mail
Since the start of the 2009 season, TCU is 31-9 on the road, with six of those wins coming against ranked teams. The Horned Frogs play No. 12 West Virginia Saturday at 3:30 p.m. at Mountaineer Field

Highs and lows of first month find McKivitz stable at right tackle | WV MetroNews
The redshirt freshman takes role on veteran offensive line that has WVU on record-setting pace.

Fleming's case shows targeting rule could use adjustment | The Exponent Telegram
The last thing West Virginia can afford to be caught short of is cornerbacks against TCU and gunslinging quarterback Kenny Hill this weekend, but that’s just what’s going to happen in the first half as Maurice Fleming sits out the prescribed penalty for being ejected on a questionable targeting call last Saturday at Texas Tech.

West Virginia Athletics:

WVU Sweeps Big 12 Swimming and Diving Weekly Honor | WVU Athletics
After two strong weekends to open the season, the West Virginia University swimming and diving team swept the Big 12 Men’s and Women’s Swimmer and Diver of the Week honors.

West Virginia Pros

Former WVU quarterback Geno Smith named Jets starter | Charleston Gazette-Mail
The New York Jets will start Geno Smith, a former star signal-caller at West Virginia University, at quarterback on Sunday against the Baltimore Ravens at MetLife Stadium.

Around The League

Around The Big XII:

Big 12 Week 8 game picks: Oklahoma, Texas face tough road tests | ESPN
Our Big 12 reporters make their predictions for all of the conference's games this weekend.

Big 12 midseason superlatives | ESPN
Amid a disappointing season overall for the Big 12, we take a look back at the best that the league has offered this year.

Shock Linwood quietly putting up record season for Bears | ESPN
Shock Linwood has rushed for more than half of his 500 yards on the season and has both of his touchdowns in the past two games.

Around The NCAA:

The Solid Verbal: Previewing a Week 8 that could get ugly | SBNation
In so many different ways!

Texas A&M has a 1-in-5 chance of beating Bama. Here are the 5 keys to an upset. | SBNation
Alabama has about an 80 percent chance of beating Texas A&M on Saturday. Here’s how the other 20 percent could happen.

Onside kicks have gone for touchdowns and ruined bets 3 times already this season | SBNation
They seem meaningless, but as Brent Musburger would say, some people in Nevada know their significance.

Former UVA football player sues University, coaches for alleged hazing incident | Streaking The Lawn
Aidan Howard was a freshman wide receiver before being released from letter of intent

Video Of Interest

Video Of (Dis)Interest

Miss Throwdown

Today's Miss Throwdown is German model that may appear in the 2017 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition. CLICK HERE for Joana Damek's Instagram.