On a day where the Gators would lead by as many as 20 points, West Virginia simply looked lost at times. The "best defense in the nation" simply could not slow down the Gators.
Early on, it seemed the Mountaineers were out of sorts and just not prepared to play. Florida jumped out to an early lead that grew to 16 by the 8:25 mark left in the first half. WVU then went on a furious run to cut the lead to 4 by the 6 minute mark, only to have the Gators' lead grow back to 15 at the half.
WVU made a couple of runs to cut the lead to manageable amounts, but they were completely outplayed by the Gators who had an answer for every run (many times with the three-ball).
You can catch the full box score HERE.
WVU returns to Big 12 action on Tuesday, February 2nd when they travel to Ames, Iowa to take on the red hot Cyclones in Hilton at 9 pm.
- The 15 point deficit at halftime is the largest the Mountaineers have faced thus far
- Gators shot a blistering 53.1% from the field
- Florida long range shooting was on fire, going 12 of 20 from downtown
- Foul trouble plagued the Mountaineers early, as Paige and Phillip both had three (off the bench) at half
- Florida won the turnover advantage, giving the ball up 14 times to WVU's 19