Game Day Vitals
- West Virginia Mountaineers (11-1, Big 12 0-0, RPI 40) vs. Kansas State Wildcats
- Series Record: series tied 4-4
- Location: Bramlage Coliseum "The Octagon of Doom" (Capacity: 12,528) Manhattan, Kansas
- Vegas Lines: WVU (-3.5) O/U 135.5
- Date: Saturday, January 2, 2015, Noon ET
- Television: ESPNU
- TV Announcers: Dave Armstrong and Kevin Lehman
- Online Streaming: WatchESPN
- Radio Affiliates
- Kansas State Wildcats
- Head Coach: Bruce Weber, 4th year at KSU (72-40), career (385-191) 18th year
- Last Result: Defeated St. Louis 75-47
- Official Kansas State Athletics website
- SB Nation Kansas State Blog - Bring On The Cats
The Mountaineer's first road game of the season didn't prove top be much of a test or even much of a road game. Coming off a dominate win in front of a sold out, but seemingly WVU dominant crowd, Huggins's squad will take on his former team in the little apple. Kansas State is 10-2 with both losses coming to currently ranked teams in UNC (7) and Texas A&M (20).
With the conference schedule beginning, WVU will have it's first taste of teams that are seeing #pressvirginia for the third time. Wesley Iwundu, averaging 13(P), 4(R), and 3(A), leads Bruce Weber's squad. KSU should be susceptible to most of what WVU tries to do to their opponents; they rank in the bottom half of the Big 12 in defensive rebounding, TO margin, and scoring. They rank dead last in FG percentage and 3ptFG percentage. This bodes well for WVU.
If the Mountaineers want to mount a campaign to contend in what looks like a two horse race between KU and OU for the Big 12 title, this is an absolute, must win game. The Mounties ought to dominate inside against the Wildcats. Look for big games from Holton and Williams to start the conference slate.
Prediction: WVU 82, KSU 70