Game Day Vitals
- West Virginia Mountaineers (6-0, Big 12 0-0, ESPN RPI 41) vs. Kennesaw State Fighting Owls
- Series Record: First meeting
- Location: WVU Coliseum (Capacity: 14,000) Morgantown, West Virginia
- Vegas Lines: no line as yet, will post if/when we find one
- Date: Saturday, December 5, 2015, 12:30 pm ET
- Television: ROOT Sports Pittsburgh (Rob King, Warren Baker and Meg Bulger)
- Online Streaming: None available
- Radio Affiliates
- Kennesaw State Fighting Owls
- Head Coach - Al Skinner, 1st year at Kennesaw State (2-7), career 23rd year (286-296)
- Last Result - Defeated Florida A&M 61-41
- Official Kennesaw State Athletics website
The Kennesaw State Fighting Owls are coming to Morgantown this weekend, and this writer is looking forward to the matchup simply because the Owls are approximately 5 minutes from my house. Mountaineer fans should also be looking forward to this game since the Owls are currently 2-7 with their two wins coming against IUPUI and Florida A&M (not traditionally powerhouses in the basketball world).
Their record not withstanding, Kennesaw State does have some talent on its team. Yonel Brown scored 22 against Samford after a 34-point performance against Alabama and is averaging 17.4 points per game so far this season.
Aubrey Williams will also be a factor in the game after scoring a career high 16 points in 26 minutess in their game against Samford. Williams also led the Owls with eight rebounds in the loss.
For the season, the Owls are averaging 64.4 points per game but allow opponents to score 75.4 points per game. This bodes well for the Mountaineers who should cruise easily in this contest. Look to see a lot of combinations of players on Saturday as I'm sure we'll see most of the team get on the floor Saturday.
Prediction: WVU 101, Kennesaw State 61