Game Day Vitals
- West Virginia Mountaineers (9-1, Big 12 0-0, RPI 51) vs. Eastern Kentucky Colonels (8-5, 0-0 OVC, RPI 259)
- Series Record: series tied 1-1
- Location: WVU Coliseum (Capacity: 14,000) Morgantown, West Virginia
- Vegas Lines: WVU (-25.5) O/U 162
- Date: Monday, December 21, 2015, 7 pm ET
- Television: ESPNU
- TV Announcers: Roy Philpott and Paul Biancardi
- Online Streaming: WatchESPN
- Radio Affiliates
- Eastern Kentucky Colonels (8-5, 0-0 OVC, RPI 259)
- Head Coach: Dan McHale, 1st year at EKU (8-5), career - 1st year
- Last Result: Lost to East Tennessee State 87-81
- Official Eastern Kentucky Athletics website
Eastern Kentucky is in for a long night. The Colonels have lost three of their last four games, including a 96-72 drubbing by Marshall. Their best win this season is an 89-81 victory over Ball State.
West Virginia may set a record for offensive rebounds in this game. According to KenPom, the Mountaineers are 2nd in the nation in offensive rebounding percentage at 46.7%. Well, Eastern Kentucky just happens to be one of the worst in America (332nd out of 351 teams) in allowing offensive rebounds, giving their opponents a second chance on 37.2% of their possessions.
The player to watch for EKU is senior wing Jarelle Reischel. Reischel is scoring nearly 20 points per game and grabbing nearly 8 rebounds per game. As of two days ago, he was the only player in the country with 250+ points and 100+ rebounds, per the team's twitter account.
The Mountaineers need to take advantage of the size mismatch and feed Devin Williams early and often. He and Holton should both pick up double-doubles tonight.
Prediction: WVU 93, EKU 67