Game Day Vitals
- #17 West Virginia Mountaineers (16-3, Big XII 4-2, NCAA RPI 18) vs. Kansas State Wildcats (12-8, Big XII 5-2, NCAA RPI 71)
- Series Record: 2-4, last matchup WVU 81 KSU 71 in Morgantown
- Location: Octagon of Doom (Bramlage Coliseum) (Capacity: 12,528), Manhattan, Kansas
- Vegas Lines: KSU (-1.5), O/U:135
- Date: Tuesday, January 27, 2015 7pm EST
- Television: ESPN2 / WatchESPN
- Radio Affiliates
- Kansas State Wildcats (12-8, Big XII 5-2, NCAA RPI 71)
- Head Coach - Bruce Weber, 3rd year as KSU head coach (59-29), overall 17th year (371-180)
- O/U on Tex Winter references: 3 (they just named a street after him near Bramlage)
- Last Result - Beat Oklahoma State 63-53 on Saturday
- Official Kansas State athletics website
- SBN Texas site - Bring On The Cats
j/k...it was all in fun. The Cats are cool...mostly.
Saturday, WVU survived TCU in overtime facing mostly a 2-3 zone which is most likely going to be standard procedure for the league going forward this year until we can shoot better than 42% (263rd) from the field. came out of his two game funk and was able get his 18 points and dish out 12 dimes in the process. The supporting cast of Jonathan Holton plus the freshman duo of Jevon Carter and Daxter Miles Jr. kept the Mountaineers from dropping another game into the loss column.
Kansas State comes into the game on somewhat of a roll of late, winning five of their last six after a horrible non-conference start to the season. The enigmatic Marcus Foster leads the Wildcats scoring at 13.7 ppg. When he's on, he's very dangerous. Also scoring in the double digits for the Wildcats are Nino Williams (12.0 ppg) & Thomas Gipson (11.2 ppg).
The keys, as usual is how well WVU can shoot and pressure the Wildcats into turnovers. Kansas State has had more than 10 in each of the last two games. They do however shoot over 46% from the field (good for 63rd in the country), so the fewer opportunities they have to score, the better (*duh). This one could come down to free throws.
Prediction: WVU 76 Kansas State 75