Metronews is reporting that West Virginia's Defensive Coordinator, Keith Patterson is heading out west to hook up once again with Todd Graham. Patterson worked with Graham during his one year stint at Pitt.
It could be worth noting that no one else is reporting this as yet, but that doesn't mean it isn't true.
My only thought on this was, "At least he waited until signing day was over." I really don't know what else to make of it right now. With Patterson at the sole-helm of the defense last season, the team at least looked like they knew what they were doing, even if the results were only moderately improved over the disaster in 2012.
Assuming that this report is correct, one has to wonder who Holgorsen reaches out to next. As Metronews noted, this will make the fourth defensive coordinator in as many years for Holgorsen.
We'll do our best to keep you posted as this story develops.
Holgorsen confirmed the report with this statement:
"I want to thank Keith for his two years that he spent coaching in our program. He was a valuable member of our staff, and we wish him nothing but the best."
UPDATE II (FWIW):
Casazza's take (includes his prediction of Gibby getting the job)
- The Mountaineer Retweet: National Signing Day Edition
- Mountaineer Morning Links: Oklahoma/National Signing Day Hangover (2/6/14) Edition
- WVU Defeats #21 Oklahoma In Overtime: 91-86
- How Holgorsen Convinced Recruits Across America
- West Virginia Football: Defensive Coordinator Keith Patterson To Arizona State Per Metronews