Game Day Vitals
- West Virginia Mountaineers (11-8, 3-3 Big XII) @ #11 Oklahoma State Cowboys (15-3, 3-2 Big XII)
- Series Record: 1-3, last meeting in Morgantown was a barnburner 73-72
- Location: Gallagher-Iba Arena (Capacity: 13,611) Stillwater, Oklahoma
- Vegas Lines: +14 for the good guys O/U 154.0
- Date January 25th, 2014 at 2:00 pm ET
- Television - ESPN2 / WatchESPN
- O/U on Marcus Smart POTY coversations: 1.5
- Radio Affiliates
- #11 Oklahoma State Cowboys (15-3, 3-2 Big XII)
- Head Coach - Travis Ford, 6th year as Oklahoma State head coach, 243-182 career (.571)
- Last Result - Loss vs. #15 Kansas in Allen Fieldhouse 80-78
- Official Cowboys athletics website
- SBN Oklahoma State blog - Cowboys Ride for Free
Marcus Smart - Hair Connoisseur
Put this up last time and I'll continue to do so. Sophomore guard Marcus Smart is one of the headlines for this Cowboys team being absolutely electric with immediate contribution in his first year and very high in contention for Big XII Freshman of the Year. There's one thing that makes him stand out over most players on the court and it's not necessarily his play. This man sports a fade and it is... well.....
Whatever, man. Do your thing.
Not much has changed for the Cowboys since these two teams have faced off. OSU continue to dumptruck teams of lesser quality, but couldn't quite close it out in Lawrence. They are a #3 seed as of Joe Lunardi's update a few days ago and a strong contender for the Big 12 Tournament Championship. Travis Ford's team's shooting numbers are Top 25 nationally (48%) and are Top 10 in scoring (84.4.) That being said, there is no question that there is talent on this Cowboys team.
Last game, Devin Williams went on a tear for 13 boards and 12 points. If the Mountaineers have any chance at sneaking the upset, he will have to at least match his previous figures. OSU have improved as a team on the whole and they will probably shoot just as they did in Morgantown, 45%. Marcus Smart and Le'Bryan Nash matched up for 40 points against the Mountaineers defense. That can't happen again.
It will probably happen again.
Prediction: OSU 87 WVU 72