Game Day Vitals
- West Virginia Mountaineers (7-5, 0-0 Big XII) vs. William & Mary Tribe (6-4, 0-0 CAA)
- Series Record: 36-9 all time, first meeting since 1982
- Location: Charleston Civic Center (13,000), Charleston, West Virginia
- Vegas Lines: N/A
- O/U Marshall/Capital Classic mentions: 1.5
- Date: December 29th, 2013, at 3:00 PM EST
- Television: ROOT Sports
- Radio Affiliates
- William & Mary Tribe (6-4, 0-0 CAA), have won 5 out of their last 6
- W&M is one of five original Division I schools who have never made the tournament. Fun ATH video about it:
- Head Coach - Tony Shaver, 11th season at W&M, record of 122-192
- Last Result - W over the Goucher Gophers (wtf?) 94-60
- Official Tribe athletics website
Tony Shaver Fun Facts
This man's last name is Shaver.
William & Mary has good pieces, but shouldn't get anywhere close to WVU in this game. Then again, the Charleston Civic Center has a funny way of negating that fact and still making it a contest. The Tribe get a huge portion of their offense out of three players: guard Marcus Thornton, forward Tim Rusthoven, and shooting forward Omar Prewitt. Between the three, Thornton, Rusthoven, and Prewitt average 47 points a game, more than half of W&M scoring on the season.
None of that should matter. WVU has been dumptrucking bad teams all year, except the last one they played in Charleston. This game will either be not close or exactly the way Marshall went: behind all game and pull it out in the end. Either way, it ends with a W for the good guys. That being said, I'm favoring the blowout.
Prediction: WVU 81, W&M 60