Welcome, By-Godders, to the
drunken shit-faced hammered tanked St. Patrick's Day edition of the Morning Shotgun/Throwdown, presented by Guinness.
St. Patrick's Day is one my absolute favorite holidays, mostly because of the approved drinking status it enjoys. I mean, Fourth of July and Memorial Day are great to get drunk -- along with President's Day, Flag Day, and Frank Stallone's Birthday -- but St. Patrick's Day takes it to a whole new level. Plus, it's about the only time where it's OK and accepted to admit your Irish.
OK, on to the (drunken) Throwdown!
What You (May Have) Missed:
- Attack of the Bracket: It's not really an attack, but they rhyme so I ran with it. Basically, everything for the next three to four weeks is going to be nothing but NCAA tournament. National productivity will probably hit an all-time low. And just so my employer knows, I will be returning to work the first full week in April.
- Two Step With A Little Twist: CBS has the Selection Show video up, split into regions. If you want to see Da'Sean Butler's award winning celebration, this is the link for you.
Best Televised Reaction Shot: West Virginia's high-stepping, track-suited celebration was made for TV. And just so Bob Huggins. We must ignite this couch!
The NIT Selection
ShitShow: That's the great thing about college basketball. Sure, we might be defending NIT champions, but that's not going to stop me from making fun of Virginia Tech for the next week.
Video of Disinterest:
What To Watch For:
- College Basketball Invitational: My guess is that this selection special comes live from a Newark area Holiday Inn. Maybe Jersey City, but definitely New Jersey.
- Two and a Half Men: Really, there's not much else sports-wise going on until Thursdays, so please enjoy this hilarious TV-14 comedy. Or you could...
- Get Ridiculously Drunk!: Yeah, whoooo, party! Boobs! $^$#&*$(^%*$^*!!!!!!1!!!