USA TODAY Sports
Smitty is once again shirking his blogging duties while he travels to Buffalo to stalk Doug Marrone, leaving me here to preview tomorrow's game.
Game Day Vitals
- West Virginia Mountaineers (12-12, 5-6) vs. Texas Tech Red Raiders (9-13, 2-9)
- Series Record - WVU 2-0, last result 77-61 in Lubbock
- Location - Oliver Garden (Capacity: 14,000) Morgantown, WV
- Date: February 16, 2013 at 4:00 pm ET
- Television - Big 12 Network (including MASN & YES) / ESPN3 / WatchESPN
- O/U on Bob Huggins career win totals mentions: 0.5
- Radio Affiliates
- Texas Tech Red Raiders (9-13, 2-9 Big 12)
- Head Coach - Chris Walker, First year as head coach (currently designated as "interim")
- O/U on mentions of the word "interim": 2.5
- Last Result - Lost to Oklahoma St 91-67 in Lubbock
- Official Red Raiders athletics website
- BN Texas Tech blog - Viva the Matadors
Twitter with Jaye Crockett
As Smitty said in our last TT preview, Jaye Crockett can unload some good ones every once and a while on Twitter.
I only know 3 attractive girls with trucks— Jaye Crockett (@jcrockett30) January 8, 2013
Wednesday's ugly loss to Baylor eliminated any wiggle room WVU had in their hopes to land even on the NCAA bubble. Again, WVU isn't very good. Thankfully the Big 12 teams from the state of Texas are worse this season. With the Red Raiders mired in a five game losing streak, this is another winnable game for the Mountaineers. If they continue to play like they did in the second half of the Baylor game, though, don't be surprised if WVU finds a way to lose this game. The silly turnovers, stupid fouls, missed layups have a way or rearing their ugly head with this team all too often. I'm not saying they should lose. They shouldn't, but, I wouldn't at all be surprised if Texas Tech manages to win.
Prediction: WVU 65 Texas Tech 60