Game Day Vitals
- West Virginia Mountaineers (1-0, 0-0 Big 12) vs. Virginia Tech Hokies (0-1, 0-0 ACC)
- Series Record - WVU leads series 47-29
- Location - Cassell Coliseum (Capacity: 9847) Blacksburg, Virginia
- Vegas Lines - WVU (-3.5) O/U 153.5
- Date - November 12th, 2013 at 1 pm ET
- Television - ESPN/WatchESPN (ESPN3)
- Radio Affiliates
- Virginia Tech Hokies (0-1, 0-0 ACC)
- Conference - ACC
- Head Coach - James Johnson, 2nd year (13-20), career (13-20)
- O/U on how quickly one team will be on the double bonus: third TV timeout
- Last Result - L to USC Upstate 64-63
- Official Hokies Athletics website
- SB Nation Hokies Blog - Gobbler Country
Twitter is Fun
Maybe if Virginia Tech DIDN'T dump their second-winningest head coach, drain money from the program AND INCREASE ticket costs, I'd be game.— GobblerCountry.com (@gobblercountry) November 9, 2013
Let's just say that the VT hoops program support is in disarray.
What the Hell is a USC Upstate?
By the way, my Division III alma mater steals coaches from USC Upstate.— GobblerCountry.com (@gobblercountry) November 9, 2013
They've got their own Dining Twitter account...which is nice. I guess.
USC Upstate Dining proudly presents: BODACIOUS BURGERS... Coming Wednesday, November 20th from 5-7:30pm in the... http://t.co/hZOp3I1wKB— USC Upstate Dining (@USCUdining) November 12, 2013
The 1 pm start time sucks for most fans, I know. Some of the powers that be will say "TV exposure!" But what good is that if most who want to watch are at work or school? We will have a game thread up, regardless.
Virginia Tech isn't very good (see result above) and apparently we can shoot the ball this year (so far...*crosses fingers, no jinxies). It does appear that WVU will be without the services of one Terry Henderson again, but it shouldn't matter unless we get into serious foul trouble.
Prediction: WVU 82, VPI 59