Coverage of the Duquesne loss, football news, Pinstripe Bowl, WVU Pros on Ebanks vs Jones, Big 12 roundup & more
Welcome, By-Godders, to the Shotgun/Throwdown, WVU's nationally recognized best place for sports links, information, sophomoric humor and daily distractions. We're being brought to you today by Paper City Brewery's Winter Palace Wee Heavy.
Duquesne 60, West Virginia 56 - ESPN
Recap, stats, photos, etc
Dukes Come Back to Defeat WVU - WVU Athletics
Cold shooting once again stings the Mountaineers.
Duquesne snaps 8-game losing streak to Mountaineers - Charleston Daily Mail
"It seems like right now we're having the same season we had last year when we said from the beginning of this season it was not going to happen," sophomore guard Gary Browne said.
No Consolation - BGN
Duquesne dared West Virginia to make open jump shots. The Mountaineers could not.
Mountaineers collapse - Charleston Gazette
Duquesne overcomes 15-point deficit to pull out 60-56 victory over victory
Column: Crumbling, Humbling Night for WVU - WVMETRONEWS.COM
West Virginia squandered a 15-point second-half lead to a team picked 16th in the Atlantic 10.
Duquesne rallies past WVU, 60-56 - Times West Virginian
“They made their shots. We didn’t,” he said.
Sagging Defense Stifles Kilicli - WVMETRONEWS.COM
"If I get the ball, I can't turn, because there's a guy here and a guy there."
Game Recap: WVU vs. Duquesne - WVillustrated
The Duquesne Dukes defeated the West Virginia Mountaineers at the CONSOL Energy Center, 60-56.
VIDEO: Bob Huggins Postgame News Conference - WVillustrated
Watch Head Coach Bob Huggins' full postgame news conference.
Video: Duquesne Postgame - BGN
Turk, Huggs, Humphrey & Browne
VIDEO: WVU Men's Basketball Postgame Interviews - WVillustrated
Henderson, Staten, Turk & Browne
What You May Have Missed:
Gold & Blue Now: Wednesday - WVMETRONEWS.COM
WVU falls to 4-4 by losing to Duquesne 60-56 in Pittsburgh at the Consol Energy Center. The Mountaineers led by 15 but came out flat in the second half.
Johnny Manziel, Manti Te'o lead SI.com 2012 All-America Team - SI.com
Tavon 1st team all-purpose & honorable mention WR, Stedman 2nd team WR, Geno honorable mention QB
HERTZEL COLUMN: Austin reps WVU as AP All-American - Times West Virginian
The AP All-America team is what the Academy Awards are to movies, what the Grammys are to music, what the Pulitzer Prize is to authors.
Mozes most honored lineman ever at WVU - Register-Herald
he became the first Mountaineer to win the prestigious Rimington Trophy as a 6-foot-4, 290-pound senior center.
Pro Football Update - WVU Athletics
Sixteen former West Virginia University football players are currently on NFL rosters.
Recap of Devin Ebanks vs. Kevin Jones - WVU Pros
We recap the first matchup of two Mountaineers facing each other in the NBA since the mid-1970's.
WVU's Mountaineer Done Killed Hisself a Bear - Barking Carnival
Our take on this later this morning, but here's a look at other violent acts by mascots.
News of Note:
WVU's Holgorsen promotes Patterson - Pittsburgh Tribune Review
Holgorsen will name Keith Patterson his new defensive coordinator who will call the plays
WVU shuffles football coaching alignment - Charleston Gazette
it would be the second significant change Holgorsen has made to his defensive staff in the past four days.
Mountaineers' abysmal defense prompts coaching changes - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
The change is not altogether surprising.
Trying to put some pizzazz in Pinstripe Bowl - Charleston Gazette
WVU's matchup against Syracuse is looked upon by most Mountain State residents as a sentence, rather than a reward.
4 reasons to attend Pinstripe - Parkersburg News and Sentinel
Need a reason to travel to the Pinstripe Bowl on Saturday, Dec. 29?
Devin Lauderdale decommits from Texas Tech - SBNation.com
Lauderdale is now considering Oklahoma State, West Virginia, and Cal, though he would also have interest in Notre Dame and Alabama were they to extend offers.
Around the League (and Beyond):
Report: Big 12 To Receive $91 Million Annually With New Playoff System - Frogs O' War
Under the new playoff system, the five major conferences (PAC 12, BIG, Big 12, SEC, ACC) will receive on average $51.75 million per year, or 75% of revenue generated, while the other conferences will split the remaining 25%.
Why the Big 12 won't expand - Big 12 Blog - ESPN
Refer to the above article from Frogs O'War
What's On Tap:
Back To The Basket -- A weekly look around college basketball - ESPN
A month into the season, Myron Medcalf offers a history lesson to make sure we don't overreact to early-season results, as the rest of his colleagues preview the week ahead in college basketball.
Video of Interest:
Video of (Dis)Interest:
Hump Day Video of the Week:
Today's Miss Throwdown is a model and ring girl. CLICK HERE for today's gallery of Alissa Ross (below questionnaire).