West Virginia University sends its seniors off in grand style today with a 59-10 beat down of the Kansas Jayhawks. Today is supposed to be about the guys who are playing their last game in Morgantown. And WVU Senior Day did not disappoint. The seniors on defense actually had their best showing of the year, giving up only 10 points. If that doesn’t sum up the day at Mountaineer Field, nothing does.
Here are the Highlights:
- Offense going off on Senior Day…Over 600 yards of total offense…again!
- Defense only giving up a touchdown. I realize it’s Kansas, but better late than never. And hopefully it translates to a premier performance in the bowl game.
- Stedman Bailey's Record…23 rd TD reception this season for STUD-Man. WVU all time leader and 3rd on all time NCAA list.
- Geno Smith's Record…WVU record 21 consecutive completions.
- Defensive Hope for the Future…Karl Joseph. He’s a beast and I’m glad he got the FSN TV announcer love that he’s earned this season. We get at least two more years of this guy; if he performs as he has this season he’ll not be around for a senior campaign.
- 1 Punt all day.
- 499 points this season.
- Charlie Weis. Period. Kansas is a bad football team. But let’s state the obvious - every team Charlie Weis has been the head coach of has been a bad team. Kansas will be bad for years to come because great talent will NEVER go to KU to play football as long as he’s the guy. For all I know he may be a great guy off the field, but if he isn’t fired this weekend, he will be at the end of next season. It’s as big of a stone cold lock as there is.
- Stedman’s last game. Believe it, he’ll skip his senior year. We’ve seen the last of #3 in Morgantown. I’d do it for the payday he’s going to get, too.