Ronald Martinez - Getty Images
WVU continues streak of dropping games to unranked opponents.
In a game reminiscent of the Syracuse debacle from a year ago, West Virginia dropped an absolute bomb against the Red Raiders on the road. The score reads 49-14 but it really wasn't even that close.
Despite not turning the ball over, the offense was never able to establish any kind of rhythm with multiple miss-thrown balls and flat out drops. The defense was again gashed by another Big 12 quarterback and offense to the tune of 508 passing yards and 6 TDs through the air.
- Geno still hasn't thrown an interception
- Garrison and Buie ran the ball fairly effectively, but that was mostly after the game was well out of hand
- Defense did manage to create a couple of turnovers
- No offensive rhythm
- Stedman with and injured ankle missing a large percentage of the game
- Defense looked completely slow and out of place on many plays
- The score
- Ranking will drop like a rock
- Even talk of Geno's Heisman chances being shot
As JP Fanshawe just texted me, next week's contest with Kansas State could be a season maker or breaker. Check back tomorrow for the Sunday Hangover. I don't want to talk about this one anymore.