Welcome, By-Godders, to the Monday edition of the Morning Shotgun/Throwdown, presented by Brooklyn Beer.
If you're off to the Big East Tournament, we suggest you check out NYC's friendliest borough: Brooklyn! With 2.5 million people, Brooklyn would be the fourth largest city in America. To see the real Brooklyn, I suggest a quaint self-guided walking tour. Included on the tour is the location of Brooklyn Brewery, the site where Jay-Z first started selling cocaine, the hotel room where Posh Spice and David Beckham conceived their first child, and the exact spot where you'll be mugged and beaten to within an inch of your life. Like I said, it's very quaint.
Now, on to the Throwdown!
What You (May Have) Missed:
- USF's Lack of Basketball Skill Not Gender Specific: The women rolled the Bulls last night in the quarterfinals of the Big East Tournament. Attendance was listed at 8,300+, which as you can see from this photo, was spot on.
- JoePa, Bill Cowher Do Their Thing: Want the best updates on the whole "Bill Cowher to Penn State" rumor? I suggest this 103% factual account. It's like I was there, except JoePa didn't accidentally take a dump in my shoes again.
- West Fuckin' Virginia, Coming to a Subregional Pod Near You: Yeah, that's right, we're in the tournament. Gonna bust that shit up like a high school kegger.
Video of Disinterest:
- Shit is fierce.
What To Watch For:
- #3 West Virginia vs. #7 Louisville (8:00 PM): Louisville upset #2 Rutgers yesterday, so they come in high as a kite. But, then again, WVU beat UL in the regular season. Though, you must also consider that it's women's basketball and I care very little.
- Me (-24.5) vs. Death: I got a death threat from someone claiming to be Victor Page's wife. I would be much more frightened of Victor, but with one eye, his marksmanship can't be too good. Though, any women that would marry that man has to be bad as hell.