Welcome, By-Godders, to the T.G.I.F edition of the Morning Shotgun/Throwdown, presented by Anchor Steam.
Anchor Steam, as you know (by the words "Made in San Francisco"), is made in San Francisco. San Francisco, incidentally, is the home of everyone's favorite T.G.I.F. family-friendly sitcom, Full House. I have absolutely no idea what this has to do with anything, but I'm using it as an excuse to post a picture of Lori Loughlin.
I had it all wrong when I was younger. I was too busy foolishly staring at Candace Cameron when I should have been focusing on nailing Lori Loughlin. To be honest, I was 5 and wouldn't think about "nailing" for another 20 years, but I still wasted a lot of time on Candace Cameron. Bullshit.
On to the Throwdown -- though I'm still pretty depressed about how not hot Candace Cameron was.
What You (May Have) Missed:
- Much-Needed Superback Depth: Mark Rodgers committed to West Virginia yesterday. Want to know how high we were on Rodgers?
"Mark reminded West Virginia assistant coach Doc Holiday of Florida standout, Percy Harvin," Oliver said. "Coach Holiday recruited Harvin for Florida."
- Efejuku Is Funny To Say: How in the world does Providence beat UConn? Why in the world do you sell your arena's naming rights to Dunkin' Donuts?
- Very Sad Story: This happened Wednesday morning, but it's still worth mentioning. Just totally inexplicable. Our thoughts and prayers go out to her family and UNC.
Video of Disinterest:
- God bless Reno 911.
What To Watch For:
- My Sanity (+8.5) @ Duke/Carolina Hype: Listen, it's a great game and a great rivalry. I get it. But seriously, can we take the hype machine down a notch? Thanks.
- WVU (-6) @ St. John's: That's an absolute guess at the line considering it won't be out until tonight. Either way, it's a must win, as most games are this time of year.