Note: We apologize for our absence yesterday. Please forgive us.
Welcome, By-Godders, to the Friday edition of the Morning Shotgun/Throwdown, presented by the Chicago Beer Society.
If you didn't know by now, DePaul is in the city of Chicago. It's alright if you didn't know that. By the looks of the crowd Wednesday night, the city of Chicago doesn't know either. They were probably busy doing other, more important things. Like taking in a Blackhawks game, watching Wayne's World, or committing suicide. DePaul Basketball -- Catch the Indifference!
Now, on to the Throwdown!
What You (May Have) Missed:
- South Bend Sucks, Notre Dame Sucks Away From It: Louisville is looking more and more like a Final 4 candidate. Just about no one would have said that back in early January.
- We're Cheering, But Quietly: I love this mentality. They crave constant success, but fear the can of worms that success brings. Then success disappears and they want it back. Confused? I am. But then again, my IQ is a shade below Forrest Gump's.
- The Man Makes A Good Point: Even I'm not insensitive enough to make a joke, but shouldn't NIU get the same GameDay treatment as Virginia Tech? I'm guessing they don't. Let's hope ESPN proves me wrong.
Video of Disinterest:
- Gary Busey proves that no matter how many drugs you do, you can still humiliate an 11 year old reporter. Bravo, Gary. Bravo.
What To Watch For (This Weekend):
- West Virginia @ UConn: This would basically put us in the tournament. The 25314 will have a full preview later today.
- Charley West (+22.5) vs. Sobriety: Trust me, chalk is the right pick in this one. The underdog has no chance.