Welcome, By-Godders, to the Monday edition of the Morning Shotgun/Throwdown, presented by Franzia.
As you've probably seen by now, Rich Rodriguez was seen crying in an interview on ESPN's SportsCenter. In honor of his gutsy, not-at-all practiced performance, we present a peace-offering: boxed wine. While you can't shotgun Franzia like you can a sturdy beer, the dainty wine seems a more appropriate beverage to drown "Mr." Rodriguez's tears. Also recommended: a few gallons of ice cream. Eat your way through this heartache, Rich. It's worked for so many other women.
On to the throwdown!
What You (May Have) Missed:
- It's Easier When You Make Your Fucking Foul Shots: Louisville, buoyed by 75% free-throw shooting, defeated #6 Georgetown. 75%? Holy shit, I thought the world would explode if a team ever made over 50%. Oh wait, it's just us? Damn.
- The Grammys Happened, Amy Winehouse Doesn't Remember: Nothing speaks for the integrity of an industry where a drunken addict can win a ton of awards. Wait, we're still hoping to win some CFB Awards, so ignore that last statement.
Videos of Disinterest:
- One of the best Grammy performances of all-time...
- ...and, hopefully, the star of the 2009 Grammy Awards.
What To Watch For:
- Villanova (+13.5) @ Georgetown (ESPN -- 7:00 PM): This is a pretty ridiculous turnaround for Georgetown, considering they lost at Louisville on Saturday night. I almost feel sorry for them. Almost.
- The 132nd Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show: And to think that in some countries, these dogs are eaten.