Welcome By-Goders, to the Thursday edition of the Morning Shotgun/Throdown. I wish I could start everyday with a shotgun but they discourage excessive drinking before work at my place of employment.
As you can tell by the Corona and forthcoming Rodriguez references the Shotgun/Throwdown will have a Mexican theme today, except for the parts that have nothing to do with Mexico.
What you (may have) missed:
- This Mexican Is An Asshole: Rodriguez moved the declaratory judgment action to federal court but he still owes us $4 million. Pay up bitch! [ESPN.com]
- Knight Captures 900th W: Will Coach Huggs be able to catch The General?? [ESpn.com]
- Hopefully The Rematch Won't Suck:In their first bout both De La Hoya and Mayweather were fighting scared. Hopefully, Mayweather's recent domination and knock-out of Hatton will give Mayweather the confidence to knock the Golden Boys block off. [ESPN.com]
- WVU Women Top Marquette: The Mountaineer women keep rolling along. [ESPN.com]
Video(s) of disinterest:
I found a an old home movie showing Rodriguez trying to cross Decker's Creek.
What to watch:
- Marquette (+2.5) @ Louisville: You have to win at home in the Big East but I think Marquette will go in and steal one in Freedom Hall. (Have your second TV on for this one)
- HMMMM am I forgetting something???
- WVU (-16.5) v. St. John's: Not being in Morgantown sucks almost as much as the 2000 class of DG rushees. I miss the smell of stale popcorn while watching WVU basketball games.
For some reason I get the feeling that a new OC will be named before the weekend is over. Just call it a hunch but I smell something brewing.